Friday, December 13, 2002

TV NEWS - WHY THE SCREAMING FANS ?

I am not neurotically annoyed by too many things. But

    perhaps middle age has made the sense of disgust -unlike the other

    vital senses -more acute. I hear more things in hell, to be sure.

            I often fantasize  about ridding myself of the damm TV

    forever. But I am too attached to the VCR -which is blessedly free

    of noisy, dumb, and obnoxious commercials.

              I must catch the morning news on Channel 10. What I can't

    stand - and don't understand - is the very beginning of the program

    where the cameras always zoom in on the screaming-hyenas - FANS - of

    Katy and Matt, I guess . How can they be so infantile over a moment

    of media attention ?

                  What a contrast between the nightmare news and the

    demeanor of the celebrity news people - ( they ooze narcissism ) -

    and the bestial FANS in the street.

              The Providence horror writer H.P Lovecraft got it right

    about the future of humanity.  A decayed species will inherit the

    earth. Public education gives most kids a vocabulary of 100 words

    - BASIC ENGLISH. A dismal future for the newspaper business !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron