Friday, October 25, 2002

T-Mobile's ilk protect crime

I learned earlier in the year that a cell-phone company

    will protect the privacy of its users -even if they are involved

    in a crime or a possible crime. West Bay published my letter on this

    incident on March 5: An unrestrained -and out of control - Rottweiler

    ambushed me at the corner of Reservoir Ave. and Speck Ave. in Cranston

    around noontime on Tuesday Jan. 29. I fell on busy Reservoir trying to

    get away from the beast - and dislocated my right shoulder and also

    had a serious fracture that required surgery. The owner of the dog

    called 911 on a cell phone - and then disappeared from the scene. A

    hit and run ?

               A paralegal for my lawyer( John Revins of Warwick ) says

    it will be almost impossible to get a court order to trace the 911

    call.

             I'm not a vindictive person and don't want to ruin anybody.

    But I am stuck with $25,000 medical bill. You can understand , Bob,

    why I believe in a national health care plan.

              Rhode Island Hospital reminds every other day that they want

    their money. Any credit card will do !

                   Certainly after Sept 11, 911 calls  should not be a

    private matter.

                Soon I will have to soap box in a Rhode Island court room,

    I'm sure. I'll keep you informed. Do they still have DEBTOR PRISONS as

    in Charles Dickens'  day ?

                " Something will turn up ! "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron