Saturday, February 10, 2018

Where are my " lost " dogs Dottie and Mindy ?

" Dottie " and " Mindy "

10 Years After She Went Missing, A Black Lab Is Returned To Her Owners

This is a touching story for any pet owner who has ever " lost " a dog.
"I was like, 'Abby?' I said, 'I haven't seen her for 10 years,' " Suierveld says.

Once she rejoined their family, it was almost like she'd never left. "

About a year ago my woman companion ,Dorene R- then at Hope Hospice in Providence, Rhode Island, dying of liver cancer( spread from breast cancer ) had to give up her two beloved lap dogs " Dottie " and " Mindy " .

 " Our girls " we called them. We were happy that the Providence Rescue League on Elbow St. found a home - the same home - for the two adored pets. Dorene cried about them to the end ( April , 2017 ).

I also bonded with " Dottie " and " Mindy ". Now I would just like to know where they are and how they are . But for some reason there are bureaucratic obstacles to this.

There is a video of me talking with them in their cage at the Animal Shelter. Dorene gave me a blanket and some toys to put in their cage. Seeing me and my nephew , " Dottie " and " Mindy " began to bark . " Let us out of here ! " I imagined them thinking. Then ALL the dogs in the shelter began to bark . But we had to leave them there.

How wonderful it would be if I could see them again -just briefly - and hear them barking again as if Dorene and I never made that sad trip to Elbow St., Providence.

Last year I got a Valentine's card from Dorene, Dottie, and Mindy.


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

    Ron