Monday, February 6, 2017

" Patriots Win ! " - not even SPORTS history has ended


My old friend Dave and I were planning to see the Superbowl game at a local sports bar in Cranston, RI.  Dave called me saying he was feeling too sick to leave his apartment.
 I tuned in by radio just before half time. SHOCKED - the Patriots were losing! My friend called sounding VERY pessimistic. I turned off the radio until the very last minute of the game. I thought I was in the Twilight Zone: " And the New England Patriots win! ".

I woke up at 5:00 AM and turned on the radio. No , it was NOT fake news. It did remind me of 3:00 AM in the morning after the SHOCKING " Trump Elected " news on my same old clock radio- which I wanted to junk months ago : only right wing RED EYE station comes in clearly.

History -not even SPORTS HISTORY - has ended. I am simply AMAZED. But my Lucretius philosopher assures me that the gods do not meddle in human affairs. I am not so sure in the morning twilight.

Image result for twilight zone episode the mighty casey
" The Mighty Casey " ( 1960 )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron