Wednesday, August 24, 2016

22 year old in despair over the future of humanity

Too young to despair ?
  " I feel that climate change is increasingly becoming an issue that will unavoidably make large groups of people miserable within this century at the latest.

 It's possible that me, as a 22 year old man, may see extreme hunger and thirst even in my home country of the USA. Because of this, I feel constantly nervous that my life may end horribly, and all my efforts to have a good life may be worthless.

 I definitely do not want to have kids, and be responsible for their future suffering.

 All this said, I don't want this to be the case; I would be very happy if it wasn't, I'm just not completely convinced that humanity can turn this around and continue to have a good standard of living.

 I doubt that humanity will go extinct from climate change soon, but I still think it may happen. Give me hope for humanity and the world!

Edit: people are focusing on the idea of human extinction, but I intended that to be a possible worst case scenario. What I'm more worried about is the extreme lowering of the quality of human living and the immense global suffering leading to a decline in humanity's progress and overall happiness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron